Improving Young People’s Health and Wellbeing from Public Health England is a pioneering framework which we hope will welcome more integrated CAMHS. Its core message is that young people’s physical and mental health are interconnected, and that services should use a holistic approach. It also states that relationships with friends and a sense of belonging are central to young people’s health and wellbeing. The framework recommends the following key principals:
- A positive focus on what makes young people feel well and able to cope (See Learning and Growth).
- Reduce health inequalities for those most in need by providing targeted services.
- Integrated services that meet needs holistically and are centred on young people.
- Understanding young people’s changing health needs as they develop.
- Accessing young people-friendly services.